Byron Bay, a little surf town located by the Gold Coast, has everything to offer from shopping to surfing to partying. Byron Bay’s relaxed vibes make it the perfect getaway from the busy lifestyle of Sydney, Australia.
Where to stay
Where to eat
Byron Bay has a budding local sustainable food culture, and thus the food is amazingly fresh. Most of the restaurants are great, but here are a few that we recommend:
· Miss Margarita – This spot offers Delicious Mexican food, great drinks, and an ideal place to get dinner with a large group before going out.
· Byron Fresh- This amazing cafe serves a great breakfast and lunch.
· Il Buco café & Pizzaria – Our go-to pizza place in Byron Bay.
· Beloporto Burger Bar
· Twisted Sista Café
Where to go out
· Cheeky Monkey’s – This spot is so much fun! You will definitely find people dancing on tables here, and are bound to have a fun night. Try to get a sticker from one of the girls on the streets for free entry.
· Woody’s – Go to Woody's before you hit up Cheeky Monkey’s.
· The Great Northern- This is a local pub, and is a perfect spot to grab a beer.
· La La land – This is a really fun club!
· Byron Bay Brewery
What to do
Nimbin -- We recommend booking with Happy Coach or Grasshopper tours. Both are full day tours that will take you to this hippie town. They’ll provide you with lunch and even stop at a waterfall. At Nimbin, there is so much to explore, shop and eat!
Kayaking with Dolphins – Rent kayaks for the afternoon, and if you’re lucky you will get to see some dolphins. There is about an 80% chance that you will see dolphins, and if you don’t they will let you go kayaking on another day for free.
Lighthouse hike—Make sure to wear good shoes and be prepared for a lot of steps.
Hang at the Beach—there are so many gorgeous beaches here! Be sure to hit them all!
Surf—This is a famous surf town, so you better take advantage of it. The surfing lessons here are also a lot cheaper than in Sydney and you are guaranteed to stand up!
Shop/walk around—The town itself is filled with trendy shops and great places to eat, so go out and explore!