The Eiffel Tower is well-known worldwide, but here are some facts about it that aren’t:
1. The Eiffel Tower is used as a radio antenna (talk about good service).
2. It is the most visited monument in the world.
3. The tower was going to be demolished in 1909.
4. The Eiffel Tower was created for the Paris Exposition 1889 and was supposed to be a temporary fixture.
5. The Eiffel Tower was originally designed to be housed in Barcelona, Spain. It was only upon Spain’s rejection of the design that it went to Paris, France.
6. It takes 1,665 steps to climb up to the top. Feeling athletic?
7. Erika La Tour Eiffel married the Eiffel Tower in 2007.
8. The Eiffel Tower has 20,000 light bulbs.
9. Many French citizens hated the enormous structure when it was first created.
10. Depending on the weather, the height of the tower can alter up to 5.9 inches.